VNC Viewer is a cross-platform implementation of the popular VNC protocol which has been designed to allow users to remotely control a machine running either Windows or Unix-like operating systems. VNC Viewer supports both text and graphics remote control and is often used for remote desktop support and remote maintenance. The program is built with a small, compact and efficient footprint and can be installed and run on a wide variety of machines.
Step-by-Step Guide How to Use VNC Viewer
- The first step is to download VNC Viewer.
- After downloading VNC Viewer, it will automatically proceed to install the program.
- Once finished installing, click on the “Launch VNC Viewer” button.
- The first screen that will appear is the “New VNC Viewer” window. When creating a connection to your computer, it is important to know the IP address.
- To find the IP address of your computer, open the Windows menu and click on “System.”
- When the System window opens, click on “System Properties.”
- Under “Computer name,” the IP address will be displayed.
- Input the IP address in the “New VNC Viewer” window.
- When inputting the IP address, it is important to input the number before the IP address. For example, if the IP address is “192.168.1.10,” the number is “192.168.1.”
- Now, check the “Any computer with VNC Viewer” and “Connect to my VNC server” boxes.
- Finally, type in a username and password in the appropriate boxes and click on “Connect.”
- Once the connection is established, the remote desktop will appear.